A 7 day tour in Alsace with a focus on food and wine discovery.
YOU WILL BE STAYING IN A CHARMING 4 STAR HOTEL IN THE HEART OF THE HISTORIC AND QUAINT CITY OF COLMAR FOR THE WHOLE DURATION OF YOUR STAY WHERE BREAKFAST AND DINNER WILL BE SERVED. IT WILL ALLOW YOU TO GET FAMILIAR WITH THE PLACE AND ALSO TO SETTLE AND REALLY ENJOY THE DAILY ACTIVITIES TO THE FULLEST WITHOUT HAVING TO WASTE TIME MOVING TO ANOTHER HOTEL EVERY 2 OR 3 DAYS.
DAY 1 – ON THE ALSACE WINE ROUTE – 12:00 / 18:00
– Arrive at your hotel in Colmar between 10:00 and 12:00.
– Visit of a charming village on the Alsacian wine route where we will be meeting an excellent restaurant owner for lunch (drinks included).
– Viewpoints in the middle of the vineyards.
– Meeting with the pioneer maker of the Cremant (sparkling wine – Methode Champenoise) d’Alsace, for an explanation of the history of the crémant and tasting of 5 wines and crémants.
DAY 2 – BETWEEN WINERY AND CASTLE – 09:45 / 18:00
– Visit of the Haut-Koenigsbourg Castle.
– Meals in a traditional cellar in a small village surrounded by vineyards (drinks included).
– Free visit of Ribeauvillé.
– Direction a beautiful cellar for a visit and tasting of 5 wines.
DAY 3 – DISCOVER OF COLMAR – 09:30 / 18:00
– Unterlinden Museum.
– Lunch in a very good quality local restaurant in a nice location in the Old Colmar (drinks included).
– Small Venice Boat Tour.
– Free visit of Colmar.
– Cellar visit in the center of Colmar followed by a tasting of 5 wines.
DAY 4 – IN THE HEART OF EGUISHEIM – 09:45 / 18:00
– Guided tour of the village of Eguisheim which was elected France’s favorite village in 2013 by a famous French TV show on France 2.
– Atelier “Tartes Flambées” (salty, sweet) – Meals around “Tartes Flambées” made by yourselves (drinks included).
– Initiation to segway.
– Segway ride in the vineyards around Eguisheim with a guide certified.
– Cellar visit with tasting of 5 wines at one of our partners (choice: a small winemaker from Eguisheim who has existed for 14 generations, or winemaker important that exports).
DAY 5 – STRASBOURG AND SURROUNDINGS – 08:30 / 18:00
– Guided tour of Strasbourg.
– Boat trip on the water.
– Departure for a village south of Strasbourg for lunch (drinks included) at the winegrower + walk commented by the winegrower in the vineyards + cellar visit and tasting of 5 wines.
– Visit of the city of Obernai.
DAY 6 – DISCOVER OUR MOUNTAINS – 09:45 / 18:30
– “Maison du Fromage” (cheese museum) : free visit of the Museum + commented demonstration of the Munster making + meal (drinks included).
– Atelier Bretzels (with a drink) at a famous craftsman. Learn how to bake your very own Alsatian Bretzel.
– Direction one of our favorite places in the mountains in a “ferme auberge” (restaurant in a farm) – followed by a walk to meet the reindeer and dessert around a drink.
DAY 7 – RELAXATION AND MULTIPLE MICHELIN STAR GASTRONOMY – 09:45 / 17:00
– Choice of activity: 2 hours of spa in an upscale center or 2 hours of casino.
– Gourmet lunch accompanied by its wines at the Auberge de l’Ill – The famous 3-Michelin Star restaurant owned for more than 150 years by the Haeberlin-Baumann family.